High Performance Research Computing Home Page
- FASTER Cluster Status: Service unit accounting active as of August 1, 2023.
Getting an Account
- Understanding HPRC: For a brief overview of HPRC and what resources we offer, check out this page and watch this video in our getting started series on YouTube. in our getting started series on YouTube.
- New to HPRC's resources? This page explains the HPRC resources available to the TAMU community. Also see the Policies Page to better understand the rules and etiquette of cluster usage..
- Accessing the clusters: All computer systems managed by HPRC are available for use to TAMU faculty, staff, and students who require large-scale computing capabilities. HPRC hosts the ACES, FASTER, Grace, and Terra clusters at TAMU. To apply for or renew an HPRC account, please visit the Account Applications page. For information on how to obtain an allocation to run jobs on one of our clusters, please visit the Allocations Policy page. All accounts expire and must be renewed in September of each year.
Using The Clusters
For just the "need-to-know" information on getting started with our clusters, visit our QuickStart pages. Topics discussed include cluster access, file management, the batch system, setting up a software environment using modules, creating your own job files, and project account management. ACES Quickstart Guide, FASTER Quickstart Guide, Grace Quickstart Guide, Terra Quickstart Guide.
As a shared resource between many users, each cluster must employ a batch system to schedule a time for each user's job to run. Without such a system, one user could use a disproportionate amount of resources, and cause other users' work to stall. HPRC uses the SLURM as the batch system for all clusters. Information relevant to each system can be found below.
|ACES / SLURM Batch Pages||FASTER / SLURM Batch Pages||Grace / SLURM Batch Pages||Terra / SLURM Batch Pages|
|Complete ACES Batch Page||Complete FASTER Batch Page||Complete Grace Batch Page||Complete Terra Batch Page|
|Job Submission (sbatch)||Job Submission (sbatch)||Job Submission (sbatch)||Job Submission (sbatch)|
|ACES Queue Structure||FASTER Queue Structure||Grace Queue Structure||Terra Queue Structure|
- Troubleshooting: While we cannot predict all bugs and errors, some issues on our clusters are common enough to catalog. See the Common Problems and Quick Solutions Page for a small collection of the most prevalent issues. For further assistance, users can contact email@example.com to open a support ticket.
HPRC's YouTube Channel
Prefer visual learning? HPRC has launched its official YouTube channel where you can find video versions of our help guides, recordings of our short courses, and more! Subscribe here.