Introduction to CUDA
Instructor: Jian Tao
Time: Friday, November 12, 1:30PM-4:00PM
Location: Blocker 220 and online using Zoom
Prerequisites: Unix/Linux skills; Experience with C or C++; Terra account is required for those who do not have access to a machine that can execute CUDA code; Intro to Terra course, if Terra account is required.
This short course covers basic topics in CUDA programming on NVIDIA GPUs. Topics include CUDA architecture; basic language usage of CUDA C/C++; writing, executing, CUDA code.
Previous Course Materials
- Introduction to CUDA slides (Spring 2021): PDF
- Introduction to CUDA exercises (Spring 2021): TGZ
- Introduction to CUDA slides (Spring 2020): PDF
- Introduction to CUDA exercises (Spring 2020): TGZ
- Introduction to CUDA (Fall 2018): PDF
- Introduction to CUDA (Spring 2018): PDF
- CUDA Exercises (Spring 2018): TAR.GZ
- Introduction to CUDA (Fall 2017): PDF
This course focuses, among others, on the following topics:
- Brief history of CUDA
- CUDA on Terra
- CUDA architecture
- CUDA C kernels
Note: During the class sessions many aspects of the material will be illustrated live via a login to a training system. Attendees are welcome to follow these parts with their own laptops equipped with an NVIDIA GPU card.