Introduction to Python for MATLAB Users
Instructor: Jian Tao
Time: Friday, March 8, 10:00AM-12:30PM
Location: SCC 102.B
Prerequisites: Intro to MATLAB and Python short courses or experience with MATLAB and Python.
This short course introduces Python from the perspective of a MATLAB user. The basics of Python programming language will be covered. Some widely used Python packages like Numpy, Scipy, and Matplotlib will be introduced with comparison against relevant MATLAB examples. Jupyter notebook, a web-based interface for running Python scripts will be covered as well.
This course focuses, among others, on the following topics:
- Brief introduction to Python and Matlab
- Pros and cons of Python and Matlab
- Variables, data structure, and other basic language usage of Python
- Numpy, Scipy, and Matplotlib
- Jupyter notebook with simple Python examples