Introduction to LAMMPS
Instructor: Michael Demkowicz
Time: Tuesday, June 2, 10:00AM-1:00PM and Thursday, June 4, 10:00AM-1:00PM
Location: Zoom session only
Prerequisites: Ada account, basic familiarity with MATLAB and a text editor.
This short course provides an introduction to atomistic modeling with classical potentials using LAMMPS.
The presentation slides are available as a downloadable PDF.
- Introduction to LAMMPS: PDF
Topics covered include:
- Visualizing atomic structure
- Building and modifying atomic structures
- Computing energies of atomic structure
- Relaxing atomic structures using energy minimization
- Running molecular dynamics simulations