Introduction to Using LS-DYNA
Instructor: Akram Abu-Odeh
Time: Tuesday, March 20, 9:00am - 4:30pm
Location: Henderson Hall, Room 103
This course covers an introduction to using LS-DYNA, a general-purpose finite element program, and LS-PREPOST, a pre and post-processor for LS-DYNA, on the HPRC clusters.
The training presentatiion slides will be available soon.
- Morning session (9:00 - 11:30 am with 15 minute break at ~10:00 am)
- Scope of today’s workshop
- Help Resources
- Applications, features
- Execution on TAMU HPRC
- LS-PREPOST – Short Introduction
- Dissection of LS-DYNA Input file
- Lunch Break (11:30 am - 1:00 pm)
- Afternoon session (1:00 - 4:30pm with 15 minute break at ~2:30 pm)
- Dissection of LS-DYNA Input file (continued)
- Output files
- Running live examples covering different applications of interests
- Quality control/Best practices
- IF time permits, glancing over the following topics:
- Verification and Validation
- Flavor of advanced topics
Note: During the class sessions many aspects of the material will be illustrated live via a login to Ada. Attendees are welcome to follow these parts with their own laptops. They will need to configure their laptops to use the TAMULink wireless network. Relevant details on this can be found at: http://tamulink.tamu.edu/
You are encouraged to contact the HPRC helpdesk with any questions regarding Ada.