High School Summer Computing Academy - July 24-28, 2017
Computing Academy web site: https://u.tamu.edu/academy
The Summer Computing Academy held by Texas A&M High Performance Research Computing seeks to enable aspiring computer scientists, developers, and engineers in their pursuit of Pi Performance Computing.
The academy will be located on Texas A&M University campus, within proximity of the High Performance Research Computing offices and the Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Building.
By combining exceptional Texas A&M University facilities, the extremely versatile Raspberry Pi, and over 100 years of experience of computing experience between camp coordinators, we hope to inspire attendees to success within code-related fields.
Attendees of the Summer Computing Academy will experience Texas A&M University with commentary and guidance from our academy coordinators. Activities include:
- A Raspberry Pi based project - to be taken home at the end of the week
- Daily activities geared towards enhancing problem-solving and debugging skills
- A tour of campus, with spots relevant to Texas A&M history and culture
- A visit to the machine room - see two of the Texas A&M supercomputers, Ada and Terra
- Lunch on campus - within the Sbisa Dining Facility
- Interactions with current and former students from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Time for one-on-one sessions regarding advice on college preparation, acceptance, student life, career prospects, or almost anything else
Drop-off and Pick-up
Attendees can be dropped off and picked up within Lot 20 at Texas A&M (off of 222 Jones St). We ask that parents/guardians have the student ready to go upon arrival to Lot 20 in order to avoid traffic congestion.
Those who will drive and park themselves must purchase a temporary permit from Texas A&M Transportation Services and park within the designated lot. Lot 20 is not a designated parking lot for temporary permits. Lot 30 is a designated parking lot for temporary/summer permits. Expect moderate-to-high occupancy of Lot 30 throughout the day.
Daily Activities, Labs, and Lunch
Activities to be held in Henderson/ISLB/maybe a tour Lunch is catered, sbisa, underground
- What should I bring?
- Where should I go?
- Show your teachers your
- Lunch provided every day and a final
Schedule: July 24 - 28, 2017; 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Texas A&M University, College Station
Registration Site: https://u.tamu.edu/academy
Fees: $220 for meals and the Raspberry Pi (Limited Scholarships are available!)
If you are under the age of 18, a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian will be REQUIRED for your participation in the Summer Computing Academy.
More details and the agenda for the Summer Computing Academy will be posted here. Check for updates frequently!
Questions? Call us at (979) 845-0219 or send us an email at email@example.com!