The following instructions require you have an active HPRC account. To apply or renew go
to https://hprc.tamu.edu/apply/ . If you are off campus,
you will need to use VPN to connect to the cluster.
- Login to Grace using a terminal (your username is your NetID):
- Go to your scratch directory:
- Clone the notebook repository that we'll need from github:
git clone https://github.com/abishekg7/python_geos.git
Copy the notebooks locally from Grace scratch:
cp -r /scratch/training/python_geos/notebooks .
- If you cloned the git repository before Friday, you may want to check if there have been any updates. From your cloned directory, do:
git pull origin main
- When the short course starts, you will need to connect to https://portal.hprc.tamu.edu/ (requires VPN if off campus).
- The conda virtual environment we'll be using for this course is at /scratch/training/python_geos/conda/envs/training
You will need to enter this path when starting your JupyterLab session.