To be added to SW:Singlularity:Examples or something.... just a placeholder for now to dump all my URLs at home for access at work:
- random notes from .bash_history on hprclab2
[j-perdue@hprclab2 ~]$ history | grep docker 460 git clone https://github.com/fedora-cloud/docker-brew-fedora.git 466 less prep-docker-brew-branch.sh 468 ./prep-docker-brew-branch.sh 28 470 sudo docker pull fedora:28 472 sudo docker run --rm -ti fedora:28 bash 484 sudo docker run -ti fedora:28 bash 494 sudo docker run -ti fedora:28 bash 495 man docker 496 man docker-run 497 sudo docker build --writable Fedora28.img fedora:28 515 sudo singularity build --writable FedoraLatest.img docker://fedora:latest 516 sudo singularity build --writable Fedora28.img docker://fedora:28 523 # sudo singularity build --writable --size Fedora28.img docker://fedora:28 541 history | grep docker [j-perdue@hprclab2 ~]$ history | grep singularit 510 sudo singularity build --writable Fedora28.img fedora:28 511 sudo singularity build --writable Fedora28.img fedora:27 512 sudo singularity build --writable Fedora28.img XXX sudo singularity shell --writable Fedora28-HPRCLAB.img
nearing in on objective
The objective in this case is a Fedora28-HPRCLAB.img file that has space for users to manuever around and install stuff:
- that we can provide to users, a Singularity .img file (self-contained), for them to update as needed (as root on their own workstations) that also runs on our clusters.
- is already populated with HPRCLAB RPMs
- has plenty of disk space for the user to add files (as non-root) while on the cluster
- Example below was created on HPRCLAB workstations.
Things not included yet include:
- setting mount/bind points for HPRC clusters
Now at SW:Singlularity:Examples