The Summer Computing Academy enables the pursuit of Pi Performance Computing for rising 9th - 12th graders.
- Learn in interactive classes taught by experts designed for high school students!
- Amaze your friends with mad Python coding skills on a Raspberry Pi!
- Take home your own Raspberry Pi-powered devices!
- Show your teachers your Certificate of Attendance!
- Lunch provided every day and a final Celebration Dinner!
Registration - Apply Now!
Dates: July 24 - 28, 2017
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Building (ILSB), Texas A&M University, College Station
Application Site: Apply Now
Fees: $220 (Limited Scholarships are available!)
Participants are expected to bring their own laptops.
If you are under the age of 18, a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian will be REQUIRED for your participation in the Summer Computing Academy.
Limited scholarships are available to cover all or part of the registration fees. Proof of legal residency or immigration status is required to receive a scholarship.
Participants should expect to hear from us about the status of their application within 10 business days.
The Summer Computing Academy held by Texas A&M High Performance Research Computing seeks to enable aspiring computer scientists, developers, and engineers in their pursuit of computing fields. The academy will be located on Texas A&M University campus. By combining exceptional Texas A&M University facilities with the versatile Raspberry Pi and over 100 years of combined computing experience between camp coordinators, we hope to inspire attendees to succeed within code-related fields. Attendees of the Summer Computing Academy will also be able to experience Texas A&M University with commentary and guidance from our academy coordinators.
The academy will revolve around introducing participants to hardware and software aspects of computing. Activities include:
- A Raspberry Pi based project - to be taken home at the end of the week
- Daily activities geared towards enhancing problem-solving and debugging skills in Python
- A tour of campus, with spots relevant to Texas A&M history and culture
- A visit to the Teague data center to see two of the Texas A&M supercomputers, Ada and Terra
- Lunch on campus
- Interactions with current and former students from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Time for one-on-one sessions regarding advice on college preparation, acceptance, student life, career prospects, or almost anything else.
What your registration fees include
The Summer Computing Academy charges a registration fee of $220 USD. Limited scholarships that cover cover all or part of the registration fees are available. Payment details will be sent by email to applicants along with their notice of selection. These fees will be used to fund the purchase of a functional Raspberry Pi kit of $90 value that the participants will take home after completion of the camp. A portion of these fees are applied towards providing each participant with lunches, snacks, and drinks. These fees also cover printing costs and other such administrative expenses. On-campus parking expenses are not included in the registration fees.
The Summer Computing Academy is open to high school students (rising 9th through graduating seniors).
Please note that while we will try our utmost to accommodate all food allergies and/or dietary requirements, we may not be able to accommodate all requests for every meal.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Attendees can be dropped off and picked up on the Texas A&M campus at Henderson Hall within Lot 20 (off of 222 Jones St). We ask that parents/guardians have the student ready to go upon arrival to Lot 20 in order to avoid traffic congestion.
Parking at Texas A&M
Those who will drive and park themselves must purchase a temporary permit from Texas A&M Transportation Services and park within a designated lot. Lot 20 is NOT a designated parking lot for temporary permits. However, Lot 30, which is only a short walk away from Henderson Hall, is a designated parking lot for temporary/summer permits. Expect moderate-to-high occupancy of Lot 30 throughout the day.
If you have questions call us at (979) 845-0219 or send us an email at email@example.com!
Computing Academy Website: https://u.tamu.edu/academy
222 Jones Street
College Station, TX 77843
Check for updates frequently!
© 2017 Texas A&M University All Rights Reserved.