Access from MacOS
Using the Terminal Program
Find the Terminal program under Applications->Utilities.
- Select Applications
- Double click the Utilities folder
- Double click the Terminal utility
- A Terminal window will now appear.
- Connect to the cluster using SSH.
Remote Display of Programs with Graphical Interfaces
The recommended X-Windows emulator for Mac OS X is XQuartz, which is available for free from the XQuartz Project.
- After XQuartz is installed on your system, start XQuartz.
- An xterm window should appear on your screen.
- Login to the desired cluster (example:
ssh -X netID@grace.tamu.eduThe
-Xoption tells SSH to allow programs to forward and display their graphical interfaces. This is known as X11 forwarding.
- To verify that X11 forwarding is working, type the following command:
xtermIf a new xterm terminal window for the remote system pops up, then X11 forwarding is working correctly.