NGS Tool Licences
Commercial license required
Bioinformatics Tools that are free for Academic users but require a license for Commercial users.
- BLAT, UCSC-Toolkit
- GapFiller, SSPACE-STANDARD, SSPACE-LongRead
- GeneMarkS, GeneMark-ES/ET
- MAKER which also incorporates the GeneMarkS, GeneMark-ES/ET tools.
- RepeatMasker incorporates the cross_match tool which is part of the phred/phrap package
Free but no re-distribution of the binary permitted
Bioinformatics Tools that are free for all users but do not allow copying of the binary.
- USEARCH The 32-bit version of USEARCH is licensed at no charge for individual use. The license allows commercial use, but does not allow re-distribution of the binary. The 32-bit version is the only version installed on Ada.
- Qiime: Incorporates the USEARCH tool.
Free alternatives to non-free licensed tools
- VSEARCH is an open source alternative to USEARCH