Introduction to PythonThis short course covers basic to intermediate topics in scientific programming using Python. Topics include basic language usage, basic object oriented programming, numerical analysis, and basic visualization.
Time and Place
Location: Student Computing Center (SCC), Room 4.102B
Dates: Wednesday (February 15, 2017)
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Python Short History
- Python on Ada
- Date Type: Numbers, Strings, and Lists
- Slicing and List Comprehension)
- Lists (Extended Slicing and List Comprehensions)
- Flow Control: If/Else, For, and While
- Functions and Scripts
- File I/O
- Object Orientied Programming